1.In these conditions “we”, “us” and “our” refer to SSI MARINE, you can write to us at Unit 1 Hall House Ln, Leigh, WN7 2LH, Greater Manchester, UK. This is also the address to write to if you have any complaints. “You” and “Your” refer to the customer who places an order with us.
- We reserve the right not to accept any order. Once your order is accepted by us, a contract will come into force, under the terms and conditions set out here.
- We will try to deliver your goods, as soon as practicable. You should tell us as soon as possible if you do not receive your goods within one day, of the estimated delivery date that we give you. Please note that any dates quoted by us for delivery, are estimates only. If we are unable to deliver your goods within 30 days of your order, you may cancel your order and get a full refund of these goods.
- When you receive the goods, you should check them as soon as possible, and let us know within 7 working days from receipt if there are any problems, please retain all packaging until you are satisfied with the goods. You will be responsible for any loss or damage to the goods which occur after they have been delivered to you. Nothing in this clause shall prejudice the rights of the customer under this agreement.
- We will require payment of the price for the goods in full before we dispatch them, unless we agree otherwise in writing with you.
- Details of our delivery charges and methods of payment for the goods vary, according product, weight, and courier,
- Any payments that are overdue will bear interest at the rate of 2% per annum, above the base rate of HSBC bank PLC and any costs incurred by us to recover outstanding debts will be recovered from you.
- All the goods that we supply will remain our property, until you have paid for in full, including all delivery charges. If you sell the goods you agree to hold the sale proceeds upon trust for us, until you have paid us for them in full.
- Every effort is made to ensure that our prices and descriptions are accurate at time of going to press, if an error is found or if manufacturers price, or products change, we will inform you as soon as possible, and offer you the option of cancelling your order or reconfirming your order with the revised price or product.
- The information and advice given verbally by SSI Marine, and information contained in our sales documentation is for general guidance purposes only. You are responsible for determining whether it applies to your particular situation/requirements. In particular, please read all manuals and safety instructions provided with our goods, and follow them carefully at all times. All products offered for sale by SSI Marine, should be considered to be aftermarket (generic) products, unless otherwise stated in writing.
- You can cancel your order for any reason, and get a refund at anytime before you receive the goods, or up to seven working days, after you receive the goods. A working day is any day other than a weekend or a public holiday. To cancel your order, you should write to us within that time to the address in clause one of these conditions. I you have already received the goods:
- You can only exercise this right to cancel your order if the good are still in a re-saleable condition and you have retained the packaging.
- You must return the goods to us at your own cost, to the address in clause one of these conditions. If proved to be our fault, we will refund your shipping cost at Royal mail first class rates.
- You must take care to ensure that the goods are not damaged in the meantime; and
- If you do not return the goods as required, we may charge you the cost of recovering them ourselves.
- This right to cancel your order does not apply to audio or video recording or computer software, or electronics, sensors, and any product containing a memory card, or any product which has been unsealed, or goods which has been made to your specification, or are clearly personalized, or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly, or which by their very nature cannot be returned.
- You may return goods for a credit or to exchange strictly in accordance with our published returns policy, and subject that in the event of a conflict between these terms and conditions and the returns policy, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
- We will not be liable for any delay in delivering the goods which is due to events or circumstances beyond our reasonable control, or for any business or personal losses.
- Nothing in these conditions will limit our liability in cases of fraudulent misrepresentation, negligence causing personal injury or death, or defective products causing personal injury, death or damage to business or non business property.
- If we fail to enforce any of these conditions, that does not mean that we have waived any of our rights and we retain the right to enforce any of these conditions at any time.
- This particular clause only applies if you are buying goods from us for the purpose of your trade, business or profession, and you are not classified as a consumer under UK consumer protection legislation. If you are such a business consumer, clause 11 of these conditions will not apply, we will not be liable for any consequential loss and subject to clause 15 are maximum liability shall be limited to the price of the goods.
- Nothing in these conditions affect your statutory rights as a consumer. You may obtain information about your statutory rights from you local trading standards department, or citizen’s advice bureau.
- In the event that you are a consumer outside the United Kingdom, clause 6 shall not apply in any event you should contact us in writing to obtain quotations for export sales and shipping.
- English law shall apply to these conditions.
DATA PROTECTION ACT, The information that you provide to us will only be used for credit and security check and for managing your account.
Return the unwanted item within 30 days of receipt for a refund or exchange.
This policy is produced in accordance with and will always defer to the rights and remedies contained in our published terms and conditions, and in the event of any conflict between our terms and conditions and this policy the terms and conditions shall prevail.
Return the unwanted item within 30 days of receipt for a refund or exchange.
Should your purchases be unsuitable and you wish to return them to us for a credit or to exchange them, the following conditions will apply:
Our customer service department must be contacted before any return is made to obtain the necessary returns reference.
All items must be returned in their original undamaged packaging and in a re-saleable condition to obtain a refund. We reserve the right to charge for repackaging/restocking where applicable.
Carriage charges for unwanted returns will be at your expense.
Transport packaging should be sufficient for the method of carriage. We cannot accept any responsibility for damage caused by your carrier.
We cannot accept the returns for any item that has been manufactured to your specification, or any audio or video recording or computer software or any electronics or sensors or senders or goods on special order, or items of exclusion in clause 12 under our terms and conditions.
Your return will be accompanied by a proof of purchase, your name, address and phone number, reference/invoice number, (most of this information should be detailed on your invoice). To help us, to help you, we would appreciate you enclosing details of why you wish to return this product.
Electrical components cannot be returned if they have been removed from sealed bag and used for testing purposes.
Special order items cannot be returned, if we do accept them back there will be a 20% restocking fee.
Should any consignment be sent to you incomplete, please contact our customer service department within seven working days, who will be pleased to investigate this for you and arrange, if necessary the completion of your order. Please be aware that back ordered items what are “to follow” do not constitute shortages.
Should you receive any parcel from us that contains damaged goods, this should be notified to our customer services within seven working days, if a replacement is deemed necessary we will replace the damaged item as soon as practicabile after receiving the damaged item.
If any damaged items have been used they will be deemed acceptable by you and will not be considered for replacement.
For avoidance of doubt, nothing in this policy shall effect or modify your statutory rights of cancellation in accordance with our published terms and conditions.
SSI MARINE offer a warranty of their products to be free of defects in workmanship and materials for a minimum of 12 months for private use and 90 days for commercial use.
We do not warrant against, and the warranty shall be void with respect to, damages or defects arising out of any of the following,
Improper or abnormal use or handling of our supplied products.
Installation or use of the product in a manner what is inconsistent with the products application information.
Products transferred from a vessel on which they were originally installed.
This warranty does not apply to products which have been altered or upon which repairs have been affected or attempted by persons other than pursuant to written authorization by SSI Marine or the parts manufacturer.
The sole exclusion obligation of SSI Marine, shall be to repair or replace the defective product, SSI Marine shall not have any other obligation with respect to the product or any part thereof, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise. Under no circumstances, whether based on this warranty, shall SSI Marine be liable for any special, punitive or consequential losses or damages.
SSI Marine reserves the right to have the product in question inspected and assessed by the original manufacturer of the effected product, and will act on their findings.
SSI Marine employees or representatives’ oral or other written statements do not constitute warranties, shall not be relied upon by customers, and are not a part of the warranty stated herein.
If any part of this limited warranty is determined to be void or illegal, the remainder shall remain in full force and effect.